Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I decide

"I'm feeling so sleepy but I have to go to class now"

Taking a cue from Stephen Covey- "Why do you have to go to class? Is it a have or want?

"WANT? Why would I ever want to go to this dreary lecture? It's have. I just have to go!"

"Why?"

"ATTENDANCE! I need attendance!"

"Why do you need attendance?"

"To complete this course. I have to complete this course to get my degree. I need my degree"

"You need your degree?"

"Uh... yeah. I need to pass out of IIT with a clean academic record."

"Need?"

"Um... okay. I want to pass out of IIT with a clean academic record."

"Hm... let's go back. You want a clean academic record. You want to complete this course. You want attendance. So, You want to go to the class. There you have it!"

... I got off the bed for the 8 AM lecture. 

This internal tape is very common. It is so common that overtime, the 'want-to-do' shifts to 'have-to-do'. There are no masters and there are no puppets. After everything that is said and done, the fact remains that it is my choice.

I decide.

7 comments:

Leela said...

Nice way to wake up for an 8 am lecture.
Far better than - "Dammit! I'm late."

Abhishek said...

oreven better than... "zzzz... oh so this isn't the class.. SHIT!"

Leela said...

RE:
Ja, ich wante ein gut seat in klasse. Du habe problem with das?

Leela said...

Its what I like to call Germglish. :|
Too bad you don't appreciate it.

FYI: habe, hast, hat, haben; all exist and German grammar rocks.
PS: I shouldve used hast in my line. Typing mistake.

Ich lerne German; du übersetzet german.

Does smiling count??

Abhishek said...

uber pseud!
too much... i cant handle it!
cant..... take ... it... mmmmhhhfff... aaaaaaaaaahhh!

Leela said...

@abhishek
'Tis so satisfying to see you writhe in pain at German pseud. :D

Abhishek said...

@leela: dwat! you thought i was getting pained... i noe francais and je n'est pas desole pour ecrir en the langue!

Real Time Analytics