Thursday, August 23, 2007

I don't even know her name...

I've written this post in a class, today (4 hours ago), as a way to get through the damned 50 min. lecture.

All around me, people started filing in to find seats. I tried to find someone I know to sit through this dreary lecture. I looked all around -

Involuntarily, our eyes met once. She is pretty. I looked away, still in search for a seat.

Five minutes later...

The course is Machine drawing theory. A study that is built on the last sem's Engineering drawing(I felt horribly repulsed by it and managed to make it through with the lowest possible grade) And, I reckon, this course would be no different.

I look around. Determined to find a way to get through the class without crashing. I figured writing is the next best thing to do. I took an arbit book out to start writing.

Class is dull. The kind of classes you know you have to get used to, now that you are in college. It's a large room. Mech. and ED students stacked up together. With 8 Air-conditioners, I guess, it's supposed to be an AC room in the least. Not one of them functioning. It is hot! damn hot and no fans either. The room is brightly lit, what with 36 lights all around us to make sure the prof. clearly notices each one of us. Today it is 120 students.

The girls are all together, a couple of rows ahead of me. I am seated 20 feet away from the prof., so I can safely write this thing while he goes on and on about screws and stuff.

A cursory glance across the room has my attention resting on a girl who I've just seen five minutes earlier. Yes, I was right. She is pretty. I've never seen this girl earlier. The pathetic girls to boys ratio made things quite bad. I don't care about this course or this room. I've decided to write on this girl.

Apart from the obvious fact that she is from mech., I've no idea who she is. She is GOOD! Fair with attractive features.

Oval face. Smooth, clear and glowing complexion. The hands were soft - like they show in the cosmetics ads and all... Facial features were awesome. Sharp nose accentuated the features and strengthened her looks.

She is meticulously taking notes. I can see she is just half interested, stifling a yawn, now and then. Taking a moment or two on rare occassions to have a word with the girls that sit on her either side.

She smiles suddenly. Wow! Beautiful smile. It's been ages since I've seen such an amazing person. Has peculiar facial features that interest me. Lovely eyes! So small and that contract even more when she laughs. This laugh makes up for the boring class that I have to sit through.

I take a moment off this girl to see what the prof. is teaching. I hear him saying, "This concludes..." I don't know what he concluded and I couldn't care less.

I looked at this girl again. I wondered who she is. How could I miss such a nice girl from my campus? I wondered whether she has anything else going for her than her pretty looks . For all I know, she must be hating guys and having a bad attitude. This was such a momentous thought, that I immediately frowned. Then... No! This girl looks decent.

She wore a flowing white dress that augmented her grace. A light blue jeans completed the terrific look. Did she spend hours before the mirror before coming to the everyday classes? Or does she look this good all the time?

Suddenly, the prof's voice cut through my sweet reverie, louder than usual. "Class is adjourned" Students started rushing out. I felt totally refreshed for the next class and it's a pmt!

I felt a short, mild vibe to talk to her in the least and thank her (lol) for getting me through this damned class. Then, I remembered; I have better things to do ;P

As I rose to leave, it hit me and I chuckled to myself -

I don't even know her name...

30 comments:

shrek said...

remove all your explanation and just start with "Sleeping in the class and I saw her... I dont even know her name" it will be much better

Abhishek said...

hmm... i think our dear friend smilee wouldn't mind helping you out in this matter...
SMILEE...HELLO?...WHERE ARE YOU??????

Abhishek said...

btw am adding u as a link on my blogs

Shady said...

@shrek
Yeah right and I don't really fancy writing teenage fiction ;)

@abhishek
Right! SMILEE... WHERE ARE YOU???

Sure.I'll add you as a link on my blogs as well :)

Abhishek said...

you just have one blog... right?
at least your profile say so!

Leela said...

one piece of advice.. when talkin to abhishek, anythin and everything u dont understand is some song by some band. :|

Leela said...

@abhishek, shady
Present. :)

Leela said...

Oh, wait a minute.. I am mean. I am the Devil!

Shady said...

@abhishek
I've one more. It's special and there ends the matter.

@leela
Hello Devil! Pleased to see you here :D

Leela said...

@shady
Too angelic. Yawn!

Leela said...

@shady
Shoot.

Abhishek said...

one piece of advice.. when talkin to leela, anythin and everything u dont understand is german. :|

Shady said...

@leela
>>shoot
Now, what's that supposed to mean?

Leela said...

@shady
Since when did u get the power to decide what happens in my blog??
Amnesia Attack Were we fighting?
@abhishek
Ja!

Abhishek said...

@both: am i the only one who's not having the no of comments in his post rising... why? :(

Shady said...

@leela
We weren't fighting. Actually, you promised to treat me over this weekend. You are an amnesiac, but I know how to remind you ;)

Leela said...

@abhishek
You don't deserve it! :P

Leela said...

Really? What for? :|
One more added to the list of people who think they have me all figured out. Hmff

Shady said...

@leela
I don't remember either. Possibly, amnesia is contagious :P

Abhishek said...

@leela: why do u think i dont deserve it? i have a blog... dammit! this is painful... the emptiness... in my blog! aaarrrgghh!!!

Leela said...

@abhishek
It's the fact that it is your blog.

Abhishek said...

@leela: hmm... yet again

Leela said...

I'm not going to continue that hmm game just to increase the number of comments on your blog. :|

Abhishek said...

@leela: this isnt my blog u noe

prudhs said...

jdshfjkhsdjh

Shady said...

@pridhvi
STFU
http://www.stfu.se/

Shady said...

@abhishek, leela
Cool down :)

Leela said...

@abhishek
I know. That's why I am continuing this conversation with you. :)

@shady
No way!

Leela said...

RE:
Right back at ya!

Leela said...

You just don't get it do, you??

Real Time Analytics