Saturday, September 1, 2007

On the sunny side of life



Fresh from a night out and having nothing to do but wait for one hour to go to a class on a saturday morning, I figured the next best thing would be to write. Life is not all fun, but then, who can stop me from writing on the sunny side of life?

Life is pleasing because every morning I wake up, I have a whole new day ahead of me that is fully under my control; an autocrat, if you will.

Life is fun because this place, an IIT, has tons and tons of people of my age and who are in turn very fun to be around.

Life is too good because after all the endless activities, I still get time to be alone and date myself, yes, talk to myself about ME.

Life is exciting because I love my course of study.

Life is interesting because I happen to encounter some stupid, arrogant %$#@ junta now and then, and learn that instead of getting back at them, I can keep my sanity.

Life is amusing because I just happened to understand that I am awake and waiting to go to a class after not crashing for the last 72 hours.

Life is sensational because I partially found out what I was looking for all this time.

Life is thrilling because I'm planning to go hiking alone in dangerous woods.

Life is astonishing because I found out I could actually prove the long established norms wrong, like you "have" to sleep everyday and others.

Life is satisfying because I grew to the idea of controlling myself totally and putting mind over matter.

Life is enriching because I happen to meet people who show me what I'm missing out in life.

Life is endearing because I found the love of my life, which is Me.

Life is great because I'm learning something new every day.

Life is good because the chilling shower awakens me from the slumber.

Life is delightful because I love the cool morning breeze that greets me.

Basically, life rocks because I refuse to accept otherwise.

Cheers!

BTW, got a new haircut and shave that had actually made my lazy pals come up to me to tell me how weird, strange, odd, different, freakish... I look.

The worst one was a quizzical face from a classmate that could only be read as "Why?"

The best one was an ex-classmate startled by my 'hello' and turning to me to say, "Oh, Krishna! I didn't recognize you!"

But, the bottom line is, I love it. So pack!

3 comments:

Abhishek said...

I'd so dearly like to contradict you... becuase i completely contradict your idea of what life is
you know what... i'm going to... in a couple of days... just wait and keep your eyes on my blog

Leela said...

"Fresh from a night out!" Interesting!
I'm slai jealous now. :|

Shady said...

@abhishek
Sure!

@leela
I know ;)

Real Time Analytics