Saturday, September 8, 2007

Awesome day!

Finally it's here! The one thing I've been longing for. Whoa! I'm so excited! It's quiz time! (Okay, now that's sarcasm, just in case you missed it :P) It's that time of the semester when junta who give a damn for courses, junta who are muggers and RG-dopers alike run around with photocopies of stud notes, slides, graphs and stuff. IIT just isn't that fun without these exams ;P

It's Friday! The weekend's on! Though, it's not exciting in the same level as it used to- what with quiz week kicking off the coming monday.

I'd a very frustrating evening at the field. Came to the room in sort of a down-spirit and became even more angsty to find my hostel junta not behaving properly and they (obviously) bore the brunt of it including a recent online friend.

That said, I was very intent on making up for the day. Had quite a blast at gurunath, tarams, ascendas and bikes and barrels. Tried a new beverage here in gurunath- Red bull. It's completely BS. Over priced and totally hopeless. I recommend against spending bucks on it. Though, if you're like me and don't mind trying out new stuff, you could do it. The taste is decent, goes along the lines of berries. This bikes and barrels is the sort of a pub which has decent music but not really that entertaining in any other way.

I was unbelievable tonight! Imagine walking up to the bartender and asking for a glass of water! He gave me the sort of What-the-hell look. My friend took over and placed an awesome but decently priced order. Having a girl in the group does make things more comfy. We went to the ground floor of the pub where only couples, foreigners and groups with girls can haunt the place. My friend already quite dizzy was giving a flaky look to a hispanic female standing in the corner and she actually came up to him to ask him if he were interested in her. Wow, did he get the jitters! He was speechless and even his not-so-sober state couldn't handle an unknown female. But the girl was nice. She was talking about everything from spain to latin america. She loves hitch-hiking and travelling and India is a part of her travels. She wants to make a sort of travelogue- which is a short film about her travels that she can show it back at her university. We reached the outside of the pub through the hotel-entrance and she took a video and loads of pics. Too bad that we didn't bring a cam. After she went away, I argued like hell with my friend that she came up to him only to take the video and not 'cos he is a lady killer! 'course he never agreed and that went on till we reached our beloved insti. We had loads of fun and really forgot the quizzes completely!

Dinner with pizzas. Back to hostel and back to blogging! As an aside, my hair's all messy. After the disastrous hair-dress it's becoming even more awesome!

I could go on forever, but I feel the math notes on my desk is doing its best to seduce me. Well, I guess, I'll give it a shot!

Ciao!

4 comments:

Abhishek said...

way to go budd... seductive math notes.. wow!
sadly no one from my batch in the hostel drinks... not even me(why not??!!!)
so we usually end up at minar or guru or the hostel sac even... nd then the gud old thing that came to sac today... GREEN LAYS yay!
this is a mini post in itself! i am creative! i guess :|
nice you had some fun

Shady said...

@abhishek

Not to worry. Same situation here. Infact, the guys I went with were all seniors. They wanted someone who doesn't drink to bring them back to the hostel properly, so I tagged along. :D

There are many ways to have fun and drinking is just one of them. It's not that big a deal. I went 'cos I like the atmosphere there :)

Abhishek said...

nah man... jst kidding... i'm really nt tht despo for drinks

Leela said...

Awesome day indeed. Ulti way to kick off the quiz weekend. Rock on, dude!

Real Time Analytics