Saturday, September 15, 2007

Flash!

Firstly, I'll satiate one too many inquisitive friends who couldn't stop themselves from breaking on a wild-goose chase to find out the exact story behind one of my previous posts. That script is fiction. Unreal. Non-existent. Replace it with any synonym that mollifies you. Such plots are contrived when one is bored to death. I would have thought it's simple for you to figure that out. Enough said.

It so happens that I went into a week long hibernation. Incidentally, my last post was also on a Friday. After a week of frenzied activity, I'm enjoying my well-earned break. And a nice one it has been so far. With a good lot of surprising and strange things around me, I'm surely having a wonderful time.

Talking about strange things, I was hit by a deer today in my campus. Imagine peacefully riding on your bicycle, on your way to mess and getting hit by a deer running at an amazing speed. Well, I was going to the Cauvery mess and when I was near Himalaya (That's a building that's supposed to be a mess), a deer rushes in front of me crossing the road. Next moment, I turn to look towards the lawns and flash! I see a deer glaring at me galloping dangerously and crossing the road orthogonally to me. Added to it, there were deers all around apparently on some sort of race to cross the road and I found myself in the middle of their path. Forget about reaction time, in one flashing moment, the deer ran and hit me straight on the shoulders and that's all I know. I lost control of the cycle and it grounded. Much to my comfort, I wasn't grounded. Possibly, I bent down instinctively and the deer kind of hopped off me. I found foot-prints of the deer on my sleeve and that's the only way I knew what happened. There were many who saw this but few who cared as they went about their daily routine. After all, it was a hot day and I wasn't really hurt.

What impressed me much was the view I had of the deer galloping. I was directly in its path and it showed no signs of stopping. One leap, it was on my shoulder and another one had it off me.

I heard about cats crossing the path. But, getting hit by a deer-

Now, Is that supposed to be lucky or something?

6 comments:

amrit said...

Yeah deer, very lucky :P

Abhishek said...

this is a ne thing that i have hear about... is this fiction too?

Shady said...

@amrit
I'll find that out :P

@abhishek
No. I don't really indulge in fiction writing. On rare occassions when I do, it shows.

Abhishek said...

deers being angry... shady stuff happens to you... true to your name... check out sux its got something for you!

Leela said...

The deer survived after that? Wow!

Shady said...

@abhishek
Right! You found that out so soon! :P

@leela
You are worried about the deer? Seriously? :P

Real Time Analytics