Saturday, August 11, 2007

Is this true? or Is that true? and Is there a truth?

There was this senior who, while taking intro sessions, had asked me to rate my happiness quotient on a scale of 10. I, unperturbed and swift, answered a score that I couldn't disagree more today - [this is a note to myself, on what things are and what they could be in future] I would be tempted to write down the score. But I desist. Though, I'm quite sure, if this question would be asked by that person again, I would tell him to @#$& &$#. Not to put a fine point on it but any question coming from him would be met with the same answer, as a result of some matters that had come to be.

At half past 3 in the morning, with one of the disco nights music playing on my computer for a change, I begin to wonder, if what one desperately likes to have now, would remain as true, in a couple of years, months, days and hours(?)

The value we place on a thing would effortlessly depend on the environment we live in. As an obvious consequence, it takes effort (read - really great effort) to overcome this reflex and assume an identity. An identity that would conform to itself irrespective of the circumstances-to-be and the circumstances-that-are.

This line of thinking soothes me, when I'm down, imagining the things that I would rather have and the things that I would, otherwise have had. After all, it might not be what I want. duh! there it comes... This fleeting bliss of uncertainity quickly resolves itself into anxiety as I note that this would also mean, I might be wrong in the things that I'm very much sure of.

I would stop the thought at that and go crash, which I should be doing since I've athletics practice at 7 AM (!) Btw, whose decision was it that shady will go practice at 7?

Trusting my banshee screamer alarm, that is quite capable of screaming the whole wing down, if I don't turn it off.

No comments:

Real Time Analytics